[FFmpeg-user] Per frame metadata example?

Francesco Pretto ceztko at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 01:54:08 EEST 2019

On Sat, Jul 13, 2019, 23:54 Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:

That is very vague and unspecific wording to claim such feature.
And specification is misleading you.
Anyway NUT specification was written much before introduction
of frame metadata as we know it.

So what you actually pointed out have nothing to do with frame metadata, but
with updating stream metadata within new packet side data.

It's of course very likely that I can be mislead by that specification. If
so, I would call it a problem of the specification itself to name something
"per frame side and metadata" and not refer precisely to further data that
has 1:1 relationship with frame. Look at the Matroska proposal because IMO
they understood exactly this (referring for example to camera real-time
parameters, e.g zoom/iris). I would love to hear a word from Michael about
this feature and possible implementation in NUT but in the mean time I will
consider it as missing from all formats.

Cheers,
Francesco