[FFmpeg-user] Per frame metadata example?

Francesco Pretto ceztko at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 23:21:28 EEST 2019

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 at 20:21, Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com> wrote:
> What gives you reason this is supported? None of containers mentioned can
> support it even theoretically.

I didn't have knowledge enough to speculate about support of this
feature on specific formats but I couldn't either find hints
suggesting very limited support so I just tried. As said nut[1]
format, which I also mentioned, seems to directly support it but I was
not able to make it work by setting AVFrame.metadata and pushing the
frame: when decoding the same field is always NULL. Without an example
I can't understand if I am doing something wrong or the support for
per-frame metadata is broken in nut. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,
Francesco

[1] https://ffmpeg.org/~michael/nut.txt