[FFmpeg-user] Request for pointers on how to figure out the spec for transcoding profile for output video from ffmpeg

Aameer Rafiq Wani aameer.rafiq at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 09:21:51 EEST 2019

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot for your responses. Based on the suggestions here I was able
to figure out what libx264 uses, but I would like to go a step further and
attempt to grasp basic understanding of how changing these values could
impact the output. Please forgive me if the question sounds too basic. The
output/logs I shared do tell what the bitrate results for each frame of
output video but I still can't comprehend how would I go about, say,
decreasing the bitrate without highly impacting the video quality. My
question here I guess is:

Would anyone of you tweak the code for further optimization (reduce output
sixe without major impact on quality). if yes, please do elaborate. That I
believe might give me some more insights.

Thanks
Aameer