[FFmpeg-user] FFmpeg license question

Oliver Breidenbach oliver at boinx.com
Tue Jul 2 18:51:04 EEST 2019

Dear FFmpeg folks,

I've been following FFmpeg for a long time and it's an amazing project
and community.

We want to ship some FFmpeg libraries with our Mac app mimoLive
(https://boinx.com/mimolive) to implement an RTSP source.

We think we're covering all items mentioned on the page
http://ffmpeg.org/legal.html

So far, we've completed checklist items 1, 2, 17 and 18 and will be
able to implement the other checks once we're sure we're on the right
track.

Is there a procedure for getting an official review of the compliance?
Especially with regards to how we plan to package the libraries?

What is the right place to ask such a question?

I've contacted Fabrice Bellard who is listed as the copyright holder
on the licensing page, but he told me to reach out to the community as
he is no longer involved.

Best regards,

Oliver.

--
Boinx Software Ltd. Niederlassung Deutschland
Josef-Kistler Str. 12 - 82110 Germering - Germany

Director: Oliver Breidenbach
Registergericht München: HRB 168521