[FFmpeg-user] What exactly is an "amplitude ratio"?

Josh McNeill josh8211 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 18:30:55 EET 2019

Hello,

I'm using the silencedetect filter for a project, and I've been using an
amplitude ratio for the threshold (i.e., n=), but I'm not sure what this
actually refers to. My guess is that it's a percentage of the peak
amplitude in the file (e.g., 0.01 is 1% of the highest amplitude), but
there's nothing in the documentation that I can find that defines this
term, and I've never seen it anywhere else. Is my guess correct or does
amplitude ratio refer to something else?

Thanks.

--
Joshua McNeill
www.joshmcneill.com