[FFmpeg-user] Transcoding MPEG .ts results in slow playback speed

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 21:12:12 EET 2019

> I've created a sample (with "dd") of the first few MB to recreate the issue:
> http://download.das-werkstatt.com/pb/contribs/files/bad_timing-MPEGTS.tar.bz2

(Please do not compress compressed files and no, I don't think
an md5 sum is necessary in this case, if it is necessary you can
put it in your email)

How did you create this file?
The file looks as if you used FFmpeg to cut instead of dd...

If this is the original file, it is most likely broken but I must say
it could be interesting to find out what happened...
(The file was created with FFmpeg.)

You can "fix" it by forcing the input frame rate to "25" but this
often has unintended side-effects (like desync), setpts should
have the same effect but may be more difficult to tune.