[FFmpeg-user] Color Difference on ffmpeg Outputs

Mark Scott mark_scott at charlietango.com
Thu Jan 24 21:05:47 EET 2019

I noticed a color difference between my master video file and the
output file from ffmpeg. My master file is Apple ProRes 422 HQ .mov. I
converted it to Apple ProRes 422 (not HQ).mov, using ffmpeg. There is
a significant color difference on the converted file that is
noticeable in the graphics.
The RGB values are: Master file: R:221 G:49 B:42  Converted file:
R:202 G:24 B:32. All lower numbers on the converted file. I'm
attaching a screenshot to show the difference. Is there a filter or
something that I can add to this command line to solve this?

mkdir outputs
for f in *.mov; do ffmpeg -i "$f" -c:v prores -c:a pcm_s24le
"outputs/${f%.*}.mov"; done

mark scott | video distribution

1722 routh street
suite 204