[FFmpeg-user] Max rtbufsize Via dshow

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 00:01:06 EET 2019

> So I kinda shelved this issue as I had others to resolve, but since then
> I've fixed all but 2 of my issues, this being one of them.
>
> I worry less about dropping frames when ending a recording, however it is
> fairly obtrusive in both the console and the resulting file to drop /
> duplicate 100 frames from the get go. As far as I can tell this is
> happening solely because max rtbufsize is limited by it's INT32 container,

I find this not completely convincing.

Could you provide command line including complete, uncut
console output (no -hide_banner please) to show how your
ffmpeg command initially drops frames and later catches up
so that encoding speed is clearly above real-time and no
further frames are dropped?

As an alternative, simply patch libavdevice/dshow.c to avoid
dropping frames so you can test if the parameter is really
too small.