[FFmpeg-user] Query

Hari Babu Muga haribabu.muga at quantiphi.com
Wed Jan 9 11:32:19 EET 2019

Thanks for the earliest reply!!

The following are the commands that I used for different operations.

1) For extracting all frames from the video:
ffmpeg -i video.mpg frames/frame%06d.jpg

2) For extracting resized all frames from the video:
ffmpeg -i video.mpg -vf scale=640:-2 frames/frame%06d.jpg

3) For reading total number of frames in a video:
ffprobe -v error -count_frames -select_streams v:0 -show_entries
stream=nb_read_frames video.mpg

Input format of the videos that I am using are: mpg, mp4, mov, flv
Output formats are: mp4 for video and jpg for an image.

Thanks!!