[FFmpeg-user] How to copy all of 5 audio streams to mp4 file

Hans Carlson forbyta at gmx.com
Fri Feb 22 20:22:05 EET 2019

On Thu, 21 Feb 2019, Ulf Zibis wrote:

> Is ffmpeg able to gather such language codes for the 13 subtitles and
> the 5 audio streams from the ifo files and how?

You might want to take a look at vgtmpeg:

   http://godromo.com/gmt/vgtmpeg

It's a fork of ffmpeg that can read DVDs (or VIDEO_TS directory
structures) directly.  If I remember correctly, it can identify the
language for audio/subtitle streams by reading the .IFO files.

I haven't looked at it in quite a while because it was always out-of-date
with respect the ffmpeg source.  It appears it's been updated to the 4.0
branch now, but that was last year, so it's still quite out-of-date.  So
while you may gain the ability to identify the language for audio/subtitle
streams you may be missing ffmpeg fixes/features that you need or want.