[FFmpeg-user] MP4 from MXP - Material Package Only

DeBacker, Bart Bart.Debacker at turner.com
Wed Feb 20 22:15:15 EET 2019

On 2/19/19, 2:15 PM, "ffmpeg-user on behalf of Carl Eugen Hoyos" <ffmpeg-user-bounces at ffmpeg.org on behalf of ceffmpeg at gmail.com> wrote:

    > On Mon, 18 Feb 2019, DeBacker, Bart wrote:

    >> I grabbed the latest snapshot and see the same behavior.  I don't think
    >> this is really a bug, since the frames exist and are valid, but the MXF
    >> metadata is specifying a start time that is a few frames in and I would
    >> like the MP4 to match that.  Hoping there is a flag I am missing.
    >
    > I am afraid there is no magic option in ffmpeg to fix this at the moment.

    Do we have such a sample?

    Carl Eugen

Let me know if there is a better place to put these, but for now I shared via DropBox.

Here is the hires file:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ayniyk2c2vst3q/hires.mxf?dl=0

Here is a picture showing the MP4 (left) vs MXF.  Note in the ticker the 'N' is completely visible in the left, but mostly cut off in the right.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bsbmm6f9mvipdoz/lores_vs_hires.png?dl=0

Thanks.