[FFmpeg-user] Help, error during transcoding

NDJORE BORIS ndjoreboris at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 15:35:06 EET 2019

Le jeu. 31 janv. 2019 à 15:26, Moritz Barsnick <barsnick at gmx.net> a écrit :

> On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 13:18:53 +0100, NDJORE BORIS wrote:
> > When I try to transcode some mp4 or avi videos, I have this error:
> >
> > [h264_vaapi @ 0x17cf500] A hardware frames reference is required to
> > associate the encoding device.
> > Cannot open video encoder for stream #1
>
> You need to show us the actual command used, and its complete, uncut
> console output.
>
> You can also use google and find this thread and the hints given there:

Hello,

Thank you all,

I enable libx264 (--enable libx264 )in my configure options and it works.
But I have an other question.
I know that the function used to encode picture in h263 is  static int
encode_picture(MpegEncContext *s, int picture_number)
located at  ffmpeg/libavcodec/mpegvideo_enc.c file. Correct me if I mistake.
Then can someone tell me the funtion used to encode picture for h264 and
the file in which I can find this function , please?

Regards