[FFmpeg-user] Errors and discontinuities while GPU trancoding to H264

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 16:01:13 EET 2019

> On Feb 1, 2019, at 7:53 PM, James E. Baird <James.Baird at ccr.net> wrote:
>
> System is an Ubuntu 18.04 install with CUDA 10 installed. It does not look like any of the system resources are bad and I am pulling the clips from the transcoder so I am not having a network issue that is inducing discontinuities which also would not explain the stream errors.

Using udp to transfer mpeg stream with nothing else in the middle, I think you can only hope to minimize discontinuities, you can never be sure if packets on ingress are out-of-order, or dropped. Also, even a few streams could quickly get very chatty packet/s-wise and switches can be fairly aggressive in rate-limiting them.