[FFmpeg-user] reference FFmpeg in a peer-reviewed manuscript

Ted Park kumowoon1025 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 8 12:17:34 EET 2019

> I cannot find any information as to how to reference FFmpeg (in a
> manuscript), other than using a generic website URL reference.
>
> Does anyone know of a preferred reference or have seen a reference used for
> FFmpeg in some literature?

For a manuscript, wouldn’t you be working with a specific version?

I think appending the relevant parts as addenda (including the license) would be the best way, if you mean you want to reference specific parts of ffmpeg itself, I don’t think any URL reference would be very helpful (nor lasting) if this is your intent.