[FFmpeg-user] Overlay performance

Darrin Smith darrinps at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:20:02 EEST 2019

Are there any "tricks" to improve the performance of merging an image
(overlay) with a video?

I have a video snippet (cropped from a larger video) that I then add an
overlay to so additional data is added in the video. The png I use is the
same size as the video source.  I typically notice a 3X time to merge the
png and the video as compared to the length of the video clip. So, if the
clip is 5 seconds long, it normally takes FFMpeg 15 seconds to merge them
together to create a final video. I'm using a Pixel 3XL. Not THE fastest
out there, but certainly in the upper tier.

Is there anything that can be done to improve the performance?

Thanks.

Darrin

[image: Mailtrack]
Sender