[FFmpeg-user] OpenSSL overhead

Simon Brown simon.k.brown at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 18:45:01 EEST 2019

Hi,
further to my question the other day about getting FFMpeg built with
openssl, I was wondering what the overhead is on generating an rtmps stream
from a normal TS, rather than an rtmp stream.  When I streamed to Facebook
live using FFmpeg and an rtmps stream the live video had significant
breakup on it, yet the ffmpeg output showed no warnings or errors about
broken macro blocks or concealing errors, etc.

My command line is:
ffmpeg -re -i udp://@:65224 -codec copy -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -f flv -fflags
nobuffer rtmps://facebookliveurl

This was running ffmpeg as compiled from the git head last week.  The
stream coming in on the udp port is a local stream - ie no network issues.

Cheers,
Simon