[FFmpeg-user] how to add two libx264 libs into ffmpeg without changing two much code

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Mon Aug 12 11:49:12 EEST 2019

On Thu, Aug 08, 2019 at 11:20:04 +0800, qw wrote:
> I want to add two libx264 libs into ffmpeg, where one libx264 is original one, and another will be changed by myself.
> How to add two libx264 libs into ffmpeg without changing two much code?

You can't. ffmpeg isn't constructed to handle this, the libraries will
conflict with each other.

If you're linking dynamically against lib264, and you didn't change the
ABI, you can get away by making ffmpeg choose one of the two libx264 at
runtime - but not both.

What do you need to achieve with your two libx264? It would be easier
to merge your functionality into lib264 (and introduce some options for
enabling it), or to build two ffmpeg binaries.

Good luck,
Moritz