[FFmpeg-user] List members behaviour

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:33:44 EEST 2019

> A public spat is not a FOSS existential crisis.
I can't agree. This sort of thing is normal behaviour for people involved in FOSS projects. It comes from the top; do a Google image search for "torvalds finger." People involved in open source development are unpleasant to each other as a matter of course. There are organisations out there which exist almost solely in the world of FOSS development. I can't imagine what it must be like to work in a place where everyone appears to hate everyone and everything and there is no respect for anyone.
So it may not be an existential crisis, but it has long been severely curtailing the acceptance of FOSS in the wider world and it will continue to do so. FOSS people are utterly, utterly horrible, and that's widely known.