[FFmpeg-user] isn't this a moderated list?

James Northrup jim at vsiwest.com
Sat Apr 13 08:03:02 EEST 2019

the hosting of mailing list, trac, faq, docs, nightlies and repo all feels like micro management that has great results during the period of intense development and activity but liable to age faster than the median open source without active involvement.

I see more and more projects willfully refer GitHub issues/questions to SO site(s) which has harsh topic requirements and behavioral  controls.  In the past being scatter-brained and terse has opened my eyes to “good conduct” there.

I would feel comfortable with that outcome for ffmpeg/vlc/mplayer etc. in general  going under that umbrella.  The enhcancement of search engine results will be an immediate benefit for sure.