[FFmpeg-user] RES: RES: HLS - command line hls_segment_size creates problems in segments

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Apr 5 18:17:17 EEST 2019

On Fri, Apr 05, 2019 at 11:36:29 +0000, Phantom Scripts wrote:
> I'm using this video:
> https://sample-videos.com/video123/mp4/720/big_buck_bunny_720p_30mb.mp4
[...]
> ffmpeg.exe -i SampleVideo_1280x720_30mb.mp4  -vcodec copy -acodec aac -hls_list_size 0 -hls_segment_size 2000000 -f hls SampleVideo_1280x720_30mb.m3u8
> - Console output:
> https://pastebin.com/B7tgTGp8

The only interesting bit here: One such message:

> [hls @ 00000155b4a9e280] Cannot use rename on non file protocol, this may lead to races and temporary partial files

> this time I used ffplay.exe, and this is the output of the console:
> https://pastebin.com/aSRnuyJF

The interesting bit here: A lot of errors when playing:
> [h264 @ 000001a348c3e1c0] error while decoding MB 6 23, bytestream -5
> [h264 @ 000001a348c3e1c0] concealing 1803 DC, 1803 AC, 1803 MV errors in P frame
and dozens others.

> sorry if I forgot to send you more details.

Thanks for all the details.

I can reproduce the encoding warning with 4.1, it's gone with relative
recent git master (probably fixed by commit c822d70).

I can reproduce the error log on decoding. So apparently, ffmpeg cannot
decode its own muxing successfully. Or it introduces errors while
muxing. This doesn't happen when muxing to mp4 or mpegts (for some
reason noticably slower than mp4).

We may need to open a bug ticket for this.

Thanks,
Moritz