[FFmpeg-user] RES: HLS - command line hls_segment_size creates problems in segments

Phantom Scripts phantomscripts at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 04:28:35 EEST 2019

thanks for answering Carl Eugen, but I think you do not understand.

I'm trying to create segments with a defined file size, for example 17MB, and have byte ranges in the m3u8 file

this command:

ffmpeg.exe -i in.mp4 -vcodec copy -accodec aac -hls_list_size 0 -hls_segment_size 17000000 -f hls out.m3u8

in the console works, creates the .TS Files, and the .m3u8 file.

the m3u8 file contains byte ranges.

but there is a problem during the vídeo.

in this link:

http://phantsc.rf.gd/AAA/Bbb.html

contains an hls player, which contains the files I created with the mentioned command,

touch play in the video and look at the second 7, for some milleseconds the video and audio 'hangs'

this happens in the whole video, when it is from a segment to a new segment.

I need to use '-hls_segment_size' to set a maximum size of segment files

and use '-hls_time' to set the seconds for byte-ranges in the m3u8 file.

touch play on the video of the link, you will see the problem(pay attention to audio and video)