[FFmpeg-user] rtmp re-encode to rtmp stops frequently

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Thu Sep 27 12:05:21 EEST 2018

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 06:21:28 +0545, Remo Rayamajhi wrote:
> newest version of ffmpeg has too many bugs as well as it takes a lots of
> cpu uses .

But you write "but after few minute the ffmpeg encoding drops". What if
that's a bug in 3.x? How do you expect to get a fix?

We encourage you to use the newest version to rule out that we help
debug something which has long been fixed!

Furthermore:
> newest version of ffmpeg has too many bugs

Please elaborate. Which are these, and have you reported them?

> as well as it takes a lots of cpu uses

Current ffmpeg shouldn't use more CPU than 3.x for identical
operations. If so, that's a regression. Please report.

> mean while, on compiling libfdk_aac codec it produces  error and alao gives
> nasm yasm on supported

Whatever. You can grab a binary for your platform from
https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/
(the build "x86_64 build: ffmpeg-git-64bit-static.tar.xz" is
recommended) for testing. Your build errors can then be solved later.

> So on that case what can i do ??
> 1. i need rtmp to rtmp restream
> 2. ffmpeg should enable nvidia to compile tesla m60
> 3. and lastly enable decklink  and cuda also gives error on latest ffmpeg

You never say what these errors are.

Okay, johnvansickle.com's doesn't enable those features, sorry. Perhaps
we need to dig into your errors first.

Moritz