[FFmpeg-user] install

Michael Shaffer mikeshaffer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 04:27:12 EEST 2018

Uncompress ffmpeg to a directory, like c:\ffmpeg

You don't have to install it. The program is located at
c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe

The simplest way is to put your mkv files in the c:\ffmpeg\bin\ directory
and run ffmpeg on them from there.

For example
cd c:\ffmpeg\bin\
ffmpeg -i homevideo1.mkv -c:v copy -c:a copy homevideo1.mp4

c:\ffmpeg\bin\ffmpeg.exe -i mymovie.avi -c:v copy -c:a copy -f