[FFmpeg-user] Max rtbufsize Via dshow

Gabriel Balaich roderrooder at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 05:54:22 EEST 2018

> If I watch my encoding performance through task manager everything is
> consistent / flat at about 60% usage, until I end the recording, then it
> jumps up to 100% usage for a few seconds. VRAM, RAM, CPU, GPU (3D), and
> DISK are well below 50% usage throughout the entire process.
>
> I don't really know anything but I would assume this has something to do
> with the buffer being off-loaded to the encoder all at once when
> ending a recording?

Bump, hoping I can find a solution to this.

For whatever reason I thought that rtbufsize was a component of dshow but
that is clearly not the case as it is called before dshow / it clearly
states that it is a format option and part of the "libavformat library" in
the documentation. I tried downloading the source code and tracing the
error back to where the limit is defined but I can only make it back so far
before getting lost in the code. As far as I can tell "libaveformat" is a
library exclusive to FFmpeg, anyone in here from the devel list that would
know why a limit is imposed? Also, if anyone knows, is rtbufsize
using my system RAM, VRAM, or the RAM on the capture card? My system as
32GB of memory as stated before, GPU has 8GB, but I'm
not sure how much the capture card has, could that be the limiting factor?

Could be possible that increasing the buffer size wouldn't even help, if
anyone has any other ideas I'm all ears.