[FFmpeg-user] RTSP input re-encoded/copied to RTSP output stream

Dave Pritchard galrath at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 00:01:29 EEST 2018

Hi all,
I am trying to use ffmpeg and ffserver on Ubuntu to take in an RTSP stream
and then send it back out where I will be ingesting it into a Genetec
Security Centre server.

Short version as to why I want to do this is because the RTSP input source
does not handshake correctly with Genetec so it does not initiate the
stream, but I digress.

I am trying to get the correct settings to make this work however have had
limited success.

The input stream is 1440x1080 @ 25fps and I would like to keep as much
quality intact as possible, can anyone point me in the right direction as
to what my ffserver.conf and ffmpeg strings should be!?!  Thank you.

My current ffmpeg command I use to run it is;
ffmpeg -i rtsp://172.x.x.x -vcodec libx264 -tune zerolatency -crf 18
http://127.0.0.1:8090/feed1.ffm

My ffserver.conf has minimal configuration in it, specifying RTSP port and
ingest port.

Any help would be amazing to get the config and commands right!

Many thanks!

Dave