[FFmpeg-user] When using h264_cuvid, memory allocation differs between different nvidia GPUs

Dennis Mungai dmngaie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 13:27:50 EEST 2018

Hello there,

On the system using more VRAM, can you lower the -surfaces value from 8 to
~6?

Also, in place of h264_cuvid, use nvdec instead.

Example:

ffmpeg -c:v nvdec -surfaces 8 -f mpegts -i
https://samples.ffmpeg.org/V-codecs/h264/HD-h264.ts -vcodec libx264 -preset
veryfast -crf 23 -c:a copy -f mpegts transcoded.ts