[FFmpeg-user] FFMPEG failing in AWS Lambda

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Tue Sep 11 17:35:35 EEST 2018

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 14:17:37 +0000, Zaid Amir wrote:
> As I explained I tried both static and dynamic.. of course ldd does not work on static binaries.

Going one e-mail further back:
> Input #0, mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2, from '/home/ec2-user/f1.mp4':

Did you use the *identical* input file in both environments (the
successfull and the failing env)?

Did you use the identical ffmpeg binary in both environments? E.g. the
ffmpeg-4.0.2-static johnvansickle.com build, or your N-91639-g85c0064
build.

If so:
I don't know if it's relevant for this behavior of the h264 decoder,
but can you try restricting the number of threads to one with
"-threads 1"?

I can't see why the decoder should throw
> [h264 @ 0x65c2fc0] concealing 2628 DC, 2628 AC, 2628 MV errors in P frame
on one platform, but not another, unless you have issues physically
reading the input file.

[CEH:]
> Please learn what top-posting means and avoid it here.
And this.

Moritz