[FFmpeg-user] Question regarding ffmpeg

Michael Koch astroelectronic at t-online.de
Mon Sep 10 13:43:23 EEST 2018

Am 10.09.2018 um 12:32 schrieb Vukan:
> I am merging an image sequence into a video using the following command:
>
> ffmpeg -f image2 -i "input\image%09d.png" -framerate 60 output.mp4
>
> However, the framerate of the output video is always 25, no matter what I
> set as -framerate argument. What is going on?

-framerate is an input parameter which must be written before the input
file. For the output framerate you can use the -r parameter. These two
framerates can be different, FFmpeg will automatically skip or duplicate
frames.

ffmpeg -f image2 -framerate 20 -i "input\image%09d.png" -r 60 output.mp4

Michael