[FFmpeg-user] Decoding adpcm_psx

Markus Laaja markus.laaja at dnainternet.net
Sun Oct 28 01:47:47 EEST 2018

Oh my. Almost bitwise identical file with the one I converted using PSound.
Could you do the conversion with FFmpeg or VGMstream and if so, how did
you do it?
VGMstream apparently only supports file formats with known headers and
cannot be forced to decode "broken" files.

The file comes from Final Fantasy 7 and though has no header, the audio
stream itself is supposed to be compatible with
.vag/.vab format. The file ext is by me, to distinguish it somehow from
known formats.
Should be decodable using this code
https://github.com/MoochMcGee/super-hpsx64/blob/master/hps1x64/src/spu/src/adpcm.cpp

The reason I'm trying to use FFmpeg is that the input format can be forced,
potentially helping me to convert the samples PSound doesn't find.