[FFmpeg-user] Bash Script for Batch Converting Audio in MKVs to FLAC

Joshua Blagden jfblagden at gmail.com
Sat Oct 20 21:09:07 EEST 2018

Hi Folks,

    I have a number of videos on my hard drive that I've copied from
Blu-Rays. They'll play on my Roku, but the sound doesn't work, so I have
to change the audio track from DTS to FLAC. I've been doing this
manually for a while, but I'd really like a one-line bash script so I
can avoid the tedium and time-intensive activity of converting these
one-by-one or having to spend a half hour just writing FFMPEG commands.

Here's an example of one of those commands: ffmpeg -i '01x12 - The
Flax.mkv' -c:v copy -c:s copy -c:a flac '01x12 - The Flax(flac).mkv'

I just want to convert the audio track to FLAC and then add "(flac) to
the file name so I can hang onto the originals temporarily to make sure
everything went well or that I didn't miss some other conversion I had
to do.

Thanks in advance,

                                Josh Blagden