[FFmpeg-user] Live Streaming in browser just downloads a file no streaming happening

DopeLabs dopelabs at dubstep.fm
Tue Oct 16 13:29:56 EEST 2018

most browsers dont have native flash playback support and usually require the flash player plugin.. but.. flash support is basically deprecated in most major browsers.

you didnt say what browser your using, but if its chrome you may find this a good read...

https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=767342

and if you add the site address manually in 'allow' list of 'flash' under 'content settings' - Chrome>settings>advance>content settings>flash>allow you may have some luck.

else you can try a simple embed

<!DOCTYPE html>

<object width="683" height="384" data=".swf"></object>

most of this info was found scrolling through: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/zVTCfJsssAQ

or you can stream in a format that is natively supported by browsers (html5).

cheers,