[FFmpeg-user] frame rate conversion

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 01:32:58 EET 2018

> What I found on the internet are cases of converting 24fps to 30fps, but my
> case is different. These movies have been filmed at 18fps, the digitizing
> was done at 20fps, so how do I handle the arithmetic for this case?

You may be right that the input frame rate does make a difference (and
that MEncoder only supports 24000/1001 -> 30000/1001 muxing, I don't
remember), in this case it may not make a difference and you can use
FFmpeg which will simply repeat the frames as necessary, no
additional calculations needed.

You can overwrite the input frame rate with "-r" if this is your question.

Please stop top-posting!