[FFmpeg-user] Compressing animation - result has washed out colors

Ron Barnes rbarnes at njdevils.net
Thu Nov 22 22:57:05 EET 2018

Hi Kieran,

I think I know what the issue is and I have no idea how to fix it.  When I play the movie on my 24 inch Desktop monitor they both look the same.  When I play it on the 65 inch TV the original looks great but the compressed looks washed out.

Here is what I (Think) figured out.  On my daughters 32 inch TV they both look the same also.  Since the 24 and 32 inch screens seem to show no difference, what that tells me is that maybe when I compressed the movie, it is no longer 4K.  I think.

Does any of this help?

-Ron