[FFmpeg-user] ProRes422 with 8 audio tracks converted to mp4 -- muffles audio 4

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 19:25:30 EET 2018

> RE "The audio configuration of your two input is very different..."
> Is the issue that the ProRes is encoded 7.1 -- or -- that it's not 7.1
> but FFmpeg is interpreting as such?

I missed "Guessed Channel Layout for Input Stream #0.1 : 7.1" and
after looking at the file, the channel layout is not supported by FFmpeg.

Not sure if it really would make a difference if the layout were
recognized, you would still have to use the split filter because
the channel layout couldn't be written and writing it will not be
trivial imo.