[FFmpeg-user] HD MXF SMPTE ST377 Standard Compliance Problem with multiple IndexTableSegments carring Unique ID twins (maybe a bug)

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Fri Nov 9 22:44:48 EET 2018

On Fri, Nov 9, 2018, at 8:01 AM, Carl Eugen Hoyos wrote:

> (Continuing a discussion I had with several people who archive.)
> I wonder if this is all intentional (seriously!), you have a
> specification that from all I know is unclear, multiple different
> and incompatible implementations and several commercial
> applications that tell you what's wrong in the files - but
> nobody seems to be very interested in fixing these "issues".

This reminds me of a few conversations I've had with those seeking alternatives in the seemingly locked-in world of the legacy cable broadcast stream conformation cycle. Luckily I'm not involved in broadcast but the situation (a few years ago at least) seemed to be:

"Buy our $4000 (USD) analyzer to see what we say is 'wrong' with your input. Buy our $6000 muxer to make it pass our analyzer."