[FFmpeg-user] Optimization

Carl Eugen Hoyos ceffmpeg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 02:05:51 EET 2018

> Thanks for all the suggestions,
> So after some reading, the img2 demuxer won't work since the images I have
> are all of different sizes, and according to the documentation it says that
> they need to be of the same size (still tried it, but the images became cut
> off)

This doesn't seem correct to me, please point me to this part
of the documentation.
I just tried different sizes and it works fine.

> as well I couldn't figure out how to get the timings done right.

$ ffmpeg -r 1/4 -i img%2d.jpg

> The concat demuxer actually had the same issue as the img2 demuxer.

I wanted to suggest using the img2 demuxer instead, but since you
only tested old FFmpeg, it may work with a current version.

> For reference to the output from ffmpeg:
>
> ffmpeg version 4.0.2 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers

Only current FFmpeg git head is supported here.