[FFmpeg-user] prores encoding

David Ibbitson david.ibbitson at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:46:58 EEST 2018

Hi Folks,

I'm having trouble with both prores codecs -- prores, and proes_ks.

I've tried both and even though both support FF_THREAD_FRAME I'm getting
significant frame tearing given the more threads I use.

I'm setting:

vctx_->profile = 3;
vctx_->thread_type = FF_THREAD_FRAME;
vctx_->thread_count = 16;

to achieve reasonable performance, but the video tearing on output is not
good. Allot of frame jumping in addition.

Is this a known issue or is there a workaround? Or am I stuck to single
threaded encodes?
Google turned up nothing recent.

Or is it possible I'm doing something wrong with how I'm feeding frames?
I'm using the standard avcodec_send_frame/avcodec_receive_packet setup.

Using ffmpeg 3.4.2 libs.

Thanks,
David