[FFmpeg-user] compile error - ERROR: srt >= 1.2.0 not found using pkg-config

Lou Logan lou at lrcd.com
Fri May 18 22:11:03 EEST 2018

On Fri, May 18, 2018, at 7:04 AM, Svyatko Huk wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> Using the latest main and dev build I am getting the above error when i
> try to build a static FFMPEG binary with SRT enabled.
> When i -- Disable-Shared during SRT configure stage, i get the .a
> and .pc files in the lib64 directory at my FFMPEG PKG_CONFIG_PATH, but
> ffmpeg doesn't see it.

I'm guessing you didn't "--enable-c-deps" in srt to enable "Extra library dependencies in srt.pc for C language".

Following the format of the wiki guide the instructions could look like:

  sudo apt-get install libopenssl-dev
  # The other dependencies build-essential, cmake, and pkg-config are already installed previously in the guide
  cd ~/ffmpeg_sources
  git clone --depth 1 https://github.com/Haivision/srt.git
  mkdir srt_build
  cd srt_build
  cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$HOME/ffmpeg_build" -DENABLE_SHARED="OFF" -DENABLE_C_DEPS="ON" ../srt
  make
  make install

cmake is used in this case instead of configure to avoid the tcl dependency. Now add "--enable-libsrt" to the ffmpeg configure as shown in the wiki and it should work as expected.