[FFmpeg-user] How do I reliably get get data not listed in show_format?

Carl Zwanzig cpz at tuunq.com
Sun May 13 19:12:11 EEST 2018

On 5/11/2018 8:36 AM, Nino from Read2Me wrote:
> Duration: 00:13:14.59, start: 0.006500, bitrate: 31 kb/s
>
>      Stream #0:0: Audio: opus, 48000 Hz, mono, fltp
>
> According to a few trac tickets (for example
> <https://trac.ffmpeg.org/ticket/2226>) this bit is not meant to be parsed,

Um, when someone _reads_ the text, they're parsing it.

Maybe it's not intended to be _machine_ parsed, but I've had no trouble with
breaking down the text with some code.  It sounds like the better argument
is why the informational (not error) output intended for a human to see is
being sent to stderr. IMHO, the answer in the ticket is specious.

OTOH, with a simple workaround, it probably isn't worth the time to submit a
patch.

Later,

z!