[FFmpeg-user] dvd2concat.pl fails with lsdvd's "Couldn't read enough bytes for title." message

桃源老師 xanadu6291 at dream.jp
Fri May 11 13:47:49 EEST 2018

Hello Nicolas-san,

Thanks for your prompt reply...

> 2018/05/11 午後6:30、Nicolas George <george at nsup.org>のメール:
>
> Hi.
>
> 桃源老師 (2018-05-11):
>> I recently noticed the existence of dvd concat tool named "dvd2concat.pl".
>>
>> I installed the following dependency to my macOS environment to use this tool.
>>
>> libdvdcss-1.4.2
>> libdvdread-6.0.0
>> lsdvd-0.17
>>
>> Then run the command like the below and get the answer:
>>
>> $ $ ./dvd2concat.pl /Volumes/DVD_VIDEO/ > test.vob
>> libdvdread: Attempting to use device /dev/rdisk13 mounted on /Volumes/DVD_VIDEO for CSS authentication
>> Couldn't read enough bytes for title.
>> Using longest title 1
>>
>> I tested several DVD, both CSS encrypted and not encrypted, the result are same.
>>
>> I found Nicolas-san answered to similar issue on 2014.  He requested
>> the out put of "lsdvd -Op -x /dev/loop0"? in that mail. So here's
>> similar output.
>
> The output you are seeing are harmless diagnosis. You neglected to say
> what problem you are experiencing. It seems dvd2concat is doing its job.

My problem is that even though lsdvd itself is seems to working, dvd2concat immediately exits after "Couldn't read enough bytes for title." message.  The resulting file test.vob is just 2944 bytes in size.
In my thought, the size of test.vob should be close to DVD_VIDEO size.  Also it may take much more time to get resulting file.  Am I doing any wrong?

Best Regards,

// Miya aka. TougenRoushi