[FFmpeg-user] Get started with FFmpeg

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sat May 5 12:46:10 EEST 2018

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 16:46:47 -0300, Jamenson Ferreira Espindula de Almeida Melo wrote:
> I would like to get some tutorials about FFmpeg. The official
> documentation seems to me very abstract.

That may be so. But do take a look at the contributions in the Wiki as
well:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki#CommunityContributedDocumentation

There are guides there for quite a lot of problems.

I'd like to recommend some other guides, but since I never use them, I
don't know if they're appropriate for you. I quickly looked for some,
and didn't find them to be very good. But the official docs can be
improved, with good feddback!

> some files from vob format to a file in mp4 format, but it did not
> work. It seems converting vob files to mp4 files is very very complex.

If you have a particular issue which "should work, but didn't", you are
welcome to post it on this list. You should learn the basics of ffmpeg
command lines first though, obviously.

But I seriously ask you not to write "it did not work", but give a good
description of what you are trying to achieve, what you attempted
(incl. the ffmpeg command line), what the result was (incl, ffmpeg's
complete console output and other descriptions of why you think it was
wrong), and what you actually expected.

> Do you want to help me?

That's what we're here for!

Cheers,