[FFmpeg-user] strange video cut

Adi Marvillo adi5 at gmx.at
Wed Mar 14 23:01:01 EET 2018

Hi everybody, I cut a .vob file with ffmpeg. First I tried it without
defining audio or video encoders - I thought that ffmpeg copies the
tracks in this case, but apparently it does not...
Enforced audio and video track to be copied the resulting file is much
bigger in size - see testfile_big.vob in the .zip: https://we.tl/pcAJzcR4QH

ffprobe does not show any difference in the file-specs: not with the
encoder nor in resolution although the small video has bad quality- Does
anybody know what is the differnce between the 2 files and why ffmpeg
keeps telling me that everyting is the same in both files?
both cutting commands:
ffmpeg -i Video.vob -ss 00:10:00 -t 00:00:20
~/Dokumente/test/testfile_small.vob
ffmpeg -i Video.vob -ss 00:10:00 -t 00:00:20 -c:v copy -c:a copy
~/Dokumente/test/testfile_big.vob

Thanks Adi