[FFmpeg-user] Issues compiling with latest ffmpeg with vc 9.0 and msys32/64

dave at david-mawer.co.uk dave at david-mawer.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 18:46:47 EET 2018

Dear all,

I'm trying to compile the latest version of ffmpeg on Windows 7 using
Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0.
VS Studio 2008 Professional. This is the only version I have available.

I've followed the articles in:

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/CompilationGuide/MSVC

which describes using visual studio versions earlier than VS2012.

I've downloaded everything as described and followed all the steps,
but I get the following error
when running configure:

$ ./configure --toolchain=msvc
c99wrap cl is unable to create an executable file.
If c99wrap cl is a cross-compiler, use the --enable-cross-compile option.
Only do this if you know what cross compiling means.
C compiler test failed.

If you think configure made a mistake, make sure you are using the latest
version from Git.  If the latest version fails, report the problem to the
ffmpeg-user at ffmpeg.org mailing list or IRC #ffmpeg on irc.freenode.net.
Include the log file "ffbuild/config.log" produced by configure as
this will help
solve the problem.
$ which cl
/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/x86_amd64/cl
$ which gcc
/usr/bin/gcc

I've downloaded yasm and c99 etc...

Please can anyone help?

Thanks and Regards.

/c/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/BIN/x86_amd64/cl