[FFmpeg-user] Generate MPEG Transport stream from audio files only

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Fri Mar 9 14:01:06 EET 2018

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 01:03:16 +0000, Pierre Pasquet wrote:
> In theory, when receiving an input file, the segmenter should generate a playlist .m3u8 and create subsequent .aac files (because we are dealing only with audio)
[...]
> I know that the ffmpeg command is not write because it applies to video files, but I can’t come up with an equivalent command for audio only!

Did you ever consider that mediastreamsegmenter may be the issue?

The FAQ:
https://developer.apple.com/library/content/documentation/NetworkingInternet/Conceptual/StreamingMediaGuide/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.html

    12. How can I create an audio-only stream from audio/video input?
        Add the -audio-only argument when invoking the stream or files segmenter.

Have you tried this?

Moritz