[FFmpeg-user] Generate MPEG Transport stream from audio files only

Pierre Pasquet pierrepsqt at icloud.com
Wed Mar 7 20:16:40 EET 2018

Hello all,

I have set up a HLS server and asked it to listen to localhost on port 5555 with this command `mediastreamsegmenter -f /Library/WebSever/Documents/live 127.0.0.1 -audio-only`. This is a macOS tool.

I have found a command to create an input stream from a **video** file and send it to the `mediastreamsegmenter`, as follow :

    ffmpeg
    -re -i video.m4v
    -vcodec copy
    -vbsf h264_mp4toannexb
    -acodec copy
    -f mpgets udp://127.0.0.1:5555

However, It doesn't work with a AAC file. How can I send an audio-only file. (I really don't care about the image) to a segmenter?

Thanks for your help,

Best,

Pierre