[FFmpeg-user] Ffmpeg Webm vp8/vp9 encoding supporting Gpus

oktay eşgül oktayesgul at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 13:57:15 EET 2018

Hi,

I am trying to encode webrtc vidyo call records.Currently,we have Nvidia
1080ti GPu and using cuda.

Yet ,current gpu do not support webm encoding. Need to figure out
applicable hardware to be able to use webm encoding.

As far as I understand,VAAPi and Intel kaby lake (vp9) and cherryview(vp8)
 seems can be used for this purpose.

The first question ,is there any gpu which support both vp8/vp9 webm
encoding?

The second one is that is there someonr who has hands on experience with
vaapi and Intel gpus.

Thank you in advance