[FFmpeg-user] x11grab segfault when display is closed

robertlazarski robertlazarski at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 18:23:13 EEST 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 9:03 AM, Matt Garman <matthew.garman at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm using a static git build, version N-46353-g40b7e6071-static[1] on
> CentOS 7.3.  This server is used as a remote login launch point (or "jump
> box").  What we'd like to do, for security/auditing purposes, is create
> videos of user sessions.

I cannot answer the ffmpeg specific question though as a CentOS 7.x user I
use Xvfb a lot. I have it doing important high volume prod stuff at my day
job and its been a workhorse that has rarely been a problem.

Seems like its possible to make videos via Xvfb. I just do screenshots
myself.

https://github.com/lightsofapollo/x-recorder

Regards,
Robert