[FFmpeg-user] Adaptive Streaming between heaac and lcaac

Ronak Patel ronak2121 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 16:02:47 EEST 2018

Hi,

We are trying to setup an adaptive stream across two heaac streams and higher order lcaac ones.

So we’d have something like so:

HEAACv2 44khz/32kbps
HEAACv2 44/64
LCAAC 44/128
LCAAC 44/256
LCAAC 44/320

I setup a test stream this way and I’m seeing some problems.

Exoplayer is seeing this stream as not being able to support seamless adaptive switching because the defaultSampleDurations in the HE-AACv2 fMP4's moof boxes is 2048 while the LC-AAC file has 1024.

Why does HE-AACv2 have a higher sample duration when the sampling rate is supposed to be 44100, equivalent to the sampling rate of the LC-AAC audio?

Thanks,

Ronak