[FFmpeg-user] Warning : Thread message queue blocking

yael Laouar etyali at hotmail.fr
Wed Jun 20 10:33:10 EEST 2018

Hi all,

I'm trying to stream live using ffmpeg a set 3D camera and microphone to Facebook in order to realize a 3D live. I've the workflow complete now, meaning that I can stream from my set to Facebook, but I still have a problem.

If I launch my streaming it will work a little bit but after a while, a ffmpeg warning appears :

[avfoundation @ 0x7fbd9f000000] Thread message queue blocking; consider raising the thread_queue_size option (current value: 512)

I'm presuming that my packets queues are filled but is the solution as simple as raising this number ? Until which value can we raise this option ? How can I anticipate the time the queue will take to fill ?

Thanks,

Yaƫl Laouar