[FFmpeg-user] Change in aac encoding?

Moritz Barsnick barsnick at gmx.net
Sun Jun 3 05:07:21 EEST 2018

On Sat, Jun 02, 2018 at 21:31:16 +0200, Ingo Brückl wrote:
> For a TV set that is *very* picky about the video and audio formats that it
> will play I have to convert all videos using:

Those beasts can be tricky.

> Has anything changed for aac encoding (or mp4 containers) in v4.0?

It could also be the container, MP4.

> How can I figure out what happened?

Unless someone understands the changes well, your best chance is to
bisect the code. That means iterating through commits uning "git
bisect", attempting each build, until you understand which one
introduced a change which hurts your player.

Moritz